Prawn Claypot Glass Noodles
250g of Glass noodles
300ml of Chicken Stock
5 large Prawns
25ml of Oyster Sauce
25ml of Sake
25ml of Dark Soy Sauce
10ml of Sesame Seed Oil
15ml of Fish Sauce
10g of Sugar
Optional: 3 Thin Slices of Pork Belly
1 Torch Ginger Flower (Bunga Kantan)
5 White Peppercorns
1 Sprig of Spring Onions
4 Sprigs of Coriander leaves with roots attached
5 Garlic Cloves
2 Small Knobs of Ginger
5g Coriander leaves
Keffir Lime (Limau Purut)
- Peel the garlic cloves and knobs of ginger. Finely chop the spring onions.
- Cut the roots of the Coriander sprigs and cut the torch ginger flower in half.
- Soak the glass noodles in water for 30 minutes or hot water for 10 minutes.
- Roughly pound the garlic cloves, ginger, coriander roots and white peppercorns in a pestle.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the claypot and fry the spices in the pestle to extract the flavour.
- Add in the chicken stock, sake, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame seed oil, oyster sauce and sugar.
- If using pork belly slices, add them now.
- Drain the glass noodles and add in the glass noodles. try to submerge as much of the noodles as possible in the liquid.
- Cover the lid and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and add the coriander leaves, spring onions, prawns and Torch Ginger flower.
- Replace the lid and allow to continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Shave the zest of the keffir lime into the claypot and cover.
- Switch off the heat and allow to continue cooking from the residual heat for 5 minutes.